Mouth Cancer Prevention near Benbrook
One of the most prevalent cancers in America is mouth cancer. The good news is, when diagnosed early, mouth cancer in Fort Worth has a remarkably high recovery rate. The bad news is, often it isn’t diagnosed until the mouth cancer is advanced. We mention this not to scare you, but want to keep you informed. We also want to keep you healthy, so we offer oral cancer screening in Fort Worth to test for mouth cancer, using the OralID system.
We use the OralID oral cancer screening system to detect possible mouth cancer. First, we will give you a rinse with a cleansing solution that you will use to get your mouth ready for the treatment. Next, we dim the overhead lighting in the room. Using the OralID oral cancer screening system, we will look for abnormal tissue. The healthy tissues appear dark and problem areas, if there are any, will appear white as the specialized light technology screens the tissues in your mouth. This oral cancer screening process is rather quick and painless.
Mouth Cancer Symptoms
You may not even see mouth cancer symptoms or they seem so minor, you are unaware they are a concern. However, one common mouth cancer symptom is a sore or ulcer that remains even after a couple of weeks.
Other mouth cancer symptoms include:
- Red or white patches on gums, inside the cheeks, or any area in your mouth
- If lumps appear on the tongue, lip, throat or on your neck
- Difficulty chewing or swallowing, especially if it is not associated with other flu or cold symptoms
- The sensation that something’s stuck in your throat
- Your mouth is bleeding or numb
- A sore throat that won’t go away
- If you are a denture wearer, your dentures start to fit less snugly.
Dr. Justin W. Cook and our friendly, well-trained team at The Parkway Dentist in Fort Worth want you to have a healthy mouth and optimum overall & dental health. Call today for an oral cancer screening today and cure mouth cancer near Benbrook.