TMJ Treatment for Headaches in Fort Worth
When you wake up, does your jaw hurt? Is it hard to open or close your mouth when you get up in the morning? Are you having a lot of headaches lately in Fort Worth or Benbrook? Are your teeth getting sore or sensitive because you are grinding your teeth?
If so, you may have what is called TMD. You may have heard it called TMJ, but TMJ simply stands for the name of the jawbone: temporomandibular joint. Problems with the TMJ is called TMD–meaning temporomandibular joint disorder. Oftentimes when someone suffers from TMD, they may need to find TMJ treatment in Fort Worth. Dr. Justin W. Cook and our friendly, well-trained team are sensitive to your needs and we can partner with you to help you with your TMD and can offer helpful TMJ treatment.
We offer an excellent TMJ treatment near Benbrook —a nightguard that you wear at night while you are sleeping. This TMJ treatment helps by adjusting your jaw and it keeps your teeth from clenching, one of the reasons your jaw may be in pain or you suffer from headaches. With TMD, you may be clenching and grinding your teeth while you sleep, which can result in your teeth being sensitive and your gums tender. TMD in Fort Worth can also be the cause of headaches and you could require TMJ treatment.
What Are the Symptoms of TMD?
- If you feel pain or tenderness in the face, TMJ, shoulders and neck, and in or around your ear when you speak, chew, or open your mouth wide.
- If you try to open your mouth widely, you may have restricted ability
- Your TMJ locks, either when your mouth is open or it is closed.
- Your TMJ pops, clicks or grinds
- Your face feels tired
- If you have trouble chewing or your bite becomes uncomfortable
- Your face is swollen on one or both sides of your face
- Pain such as toothaches, headaches or ringing in the ears (tinnitus).
For TMJ treatment to treat TMD and headaches in Fort Worth & Benbrook, call us now. We will do all we can to help you at The Parkway Dentist, because we care about your dental health and your beautiful smile.