Here is some critical news for anyone who cares about their dental health: periodontal disease, or gum disease, is a principal cause of tooth loss among adults. There is also evidence that it is connected to heart disease. Fortunately, this problem is easy to treat if it is revealed in the early stages.
What warning signs should you be looking for?
- Gums that bleed frequently
- Gums that appear tender, swollen, or very red, or gums that have visible pus in between them when they are pushed
- Your bite changes or your teeth suddenly don’t seem to fit together
- Gums that are loosening from the teeth
- A bad taste in the mouth or chronic bad breath
Hopefully, you are not experiencing any of these things. If you are not removing plaque between your teeth, however, your gums are at risk. Brushing alone is not sufficient—make sure you floss daily.
Regular check-ups with your dentist are another critical weapon in the fight against gum disease.
I’m Dr. Justin Cook of The Parkway Dentist. We take pride in caring for our patients and want them to have a healthy and beautiful smile. Many of our patients wonder if a smile makeover is right for them. If you’d like to know, schedule an appointment and we’ll take a look!
Our practice offers:
With a wide range of services, we can meet most of your dental needs
https://dentistry.about.com/od/toothmouthconditions/a/gum_warnings.htm, accessed on July 25, 2013
Contact The Parkway Dentist:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):