Dental health and a unforgettable smile depend on much more than regular brushing and flossing. At The Parkway Dentist in Fort Worth, we encourage all our patients to maintain a lifestyle that promotes both physical and dental health. The two are inseparable.
- Eat a nutritious diet.
- Eat calcium-rich dairy products like milk, cheese, and yogurt to neutralize acids that attack enamel.
- Brush gently but meticulously at least twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste.
Make sure you clean thoroughly between teeth with dental floss or interdental cleaners such as flossing picks.
- If you have children, meet with your Fort Worth dentist about water fluoridation. If your municipal water supply is not fluoridated, you may want to give your children fluoride supplements.
- Get your teeth professionally cleaned twice a year.
- Have a dental examination twice yearly with your Fort Worth dentist.
- Eat a a lot of sugar. Sugar triggers the production of dangerous cavity-causing acids that weaken enamel.
- Snack throughout the day. This speeds up plaque production and subjects the teeth to constant bombardment with acids.
- Chew on ice.
- Use your teeth as tools. Ever.
- Drink energy drinks.
- Get oral piercings.
- Ignore tooth pain or sensitivity.
At The Parkway Dentist, we offer general and family dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, and for our patients with dental anxiety, sedation dentistry. We provide the Fort Worth area with exceptional dental health care. Dental problems get worse over time – especially when there is decay or gum disease. If you have pain, or haven’t visited in a while, call to scheduled an appointment.
Contact The Parkway Dentist:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):