Dental Veneers in Fort Worth
Having a gorgeous smile is such a confidence booster. A crooked smile — not so much. Sometimes people think that only movie stars can get a knockout smile. Actually, this isn’t true.
Cosmetic dentistry offers many treatments that can brighten the crooked smile of anyone and everyone in Fort Worth. If you have a tooth or teeth that are cracked, chipped, broken, misshapen, discolored, or if you have gaps between your teeth that are unsightly, we have a procedure we think you may love. It’s called a porcelain dental veneer.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin shells made of porcelain that are bonded to the front and sometimes the sides of your teeth. Though a dental veneer may sound fragile and breakable, rest assured that a dental veneer is strong, durable and can stand up to the wear and tear — just like your natural teeth can.
Why Are Porcelain Veneers a Great Choice?
- Porcelain veneers look amazing. They can turn a crooked smile into a uniform, lovely smile.
- A dental veneer is color-matched to your natural teeth. However, if you get porcelain veneers on all the teeth that show in your smile, you can choose to get the porcelain veneers a few shades lighter, so your smile can be a bit brighter.
- A dental veneer doesn’t look like an odd tooth that sticks out in your smile. – it looks like your natural teeth.
- Porcelain veneers are a relatively quick and easy fix for many issues. For instance, if you have a crooked smile from a gap between your teeth, instead of getting braces, which can be a time consuming process process, using porcelain veneers can repair the gap far quicker. And they look great!
The process to apply a dental veneer is rather simple, too. The dentist will take a mold of your teeth in your crooked smile and send this information to a lab that makes the dental veneer.
During your next appointment, your dentist will shave a miniscule layer off of the teeth that are getting the porcelain veneers, then fit the porcelain veneers and make any adjustments necessary. Finally, he will bond the porcelain veneers to your teeth, do any extra adjustments then, and voila! You have a brand new sparkling tooth or teeth.
What Are Prepless Veneers?
Prepless veneers are similar to the traditional porcelain veneer, but these veneers do not require any preparation to your original teeth. Prepless dental veneers, like the traditional porcelain veneer option, are veneers for teeth made from porcelain.
These veneers for teeth are thin shells that are bonded to your original teeth. However, prepless veneers are often considered more desirable because they require no preparation work on your original teeth.
With traditional veneers for teeth, a thin layer of enamel is scraped from your original tooth and then the porcelain dental veneer is bonded to that tooth. With prepless dental veneers, no such preparation needs to take place.
This means that, if you ever choose to have the prepless veneers removed, your original tooth will be intact and undamaged.
Lumineers Prepless Dental Veneers
At our practice, we offer Lumineer prepless dental veneers. The Lumineer brand is one of the most popular brands of porcelain prepless veneers available, and our patients love the results!
With Lumineers, you can achieve the movie star smile you’ve always wanted. Lumineers can increase your confidence and elevate your self-esteem while giving you the added security that comes with knowing your original teeth are completely unaltered.
What Are the Advantages of Prepless Veneers for Teeth?
- Prepless veneers for teeth will not damage your original teeth.
- If you are getting one porcelain veneer, it will be color and size-matched to fit into your smile and look natural, not false or unattractive.
- If you are getting enough prepless veneers for teeth, you can get each porcelain veneer a few shades brighter than your natural teeth so you will have a brighter beautiful smile.
- Prepless veneers for teeth look like your natural teeth, so laugh, smile, and have your photo taken with confidence!
- A prepless dental veneer requires no special treatment. Just brush and floss as usual and see your dentist regularly.
Schedule a Dental Veneer Consultation in Benbrook!
If you would like more information about dental veneers near Fort Worth, contact Benbrook dentist Dr. Gregory Kiene today! Dr. Kiene can help determine if you are a candidate for traditional or prepless veneers!