TMJ Treatment for Headaches in Fort Worth
When you wake up, does your jaw hurt? Is it hard to open or close your mouth when you get up in the morning? Are you having a lot of headaches lately in Fort Worth or Benbrook? Are your teeth getting sore or sensitive because you are grinding your teeth?
If so, you may have what is called TMD. You may have heard it called TMJ, but TMJ simply stands for the name of the jawbone: temporomandibular joint. A problem with the TMJ is called TMD, meaning temporomandibular joint disorder.
Oftentimes, when someone suffers from TMD, they may need to find TMJ treatment in Fort Worth. Dr. Gregory Kiene and our friendly, well-trained team are sensitive to your needs, and we can partner with you to help you with your TMD by offering helpful TMJ treatment.
TMJ Treatment Near Benbrook
We offer an excellent TMJ treatment near Benbrook — a nightguard that you wear at night while you are sleeping.
This TMJ treatment helps by adjusting your jaw, and it keeps your teeth from clenching, one of the reasons your jaw may be in pain or you suffer from headaches. With TMD, you may be clenching and grinding your teeth while you sleep, which can result in your teeth being sensitive and your gums tender.
TMD in Fort Worth can also be the cause of headaches, and you could require TMJ treatment.
What Are the Symptoms of TMJD?
- Pain or tenderness in the face, TMJ, shoulders, and neck.
- Pain in or around your ear when you speak, chew, or open your mouth wide.
- A restricted ability to open your mouth widely.
- A locked TMJ, either when your mouth is open or it is closed.
- Popping, clicking, or grinding sounds that come from your TMJ.
- Fatigue in your facial muscles.
- Trouble chewing or an uncomfortable bite.
- Facial swelling on one or both sides of your face.
- Pain such as toothaches, headaches, or ringing in the ears (tinnitus).
Tired of Headaches, Jaw, and Shoulder Pain? Get TMJ Treatment in Fort Worth!
For TMJ treatment to treat TMD and headaches in Fort Worth and Benbrook, call, text, or email us now. We will do all we can to help you here at The Parkway Dentist because we care about your dental health and your beautiful smile.